CEU Brain Injury and Rehabilitation: An Overview
This course reviews various types of traumatic brain injury and their common physical, cognitive and behavioral consequences. The participant will receive current epidemiological information about head injury and be able to discuss common causes of traumatic brain injury, it's costs and various funding sources. The course outlines the continuum of care from the initial emergency services to home and work re-entry. Factors that contribute to the successful rehabilitation and recovery of a person from traumatic brain injury are discussed. Lastly, the most common professional services associated with traumatic brain injury survival and rehabilitation are reviewed.
This course (02.00-03A-07-02-73) is certified for 2.0 CCM (Certified Case Manager) and BRN (California Board of Registered Nurses) clock hours. The TBI Resource Guide CCM vendor code is 000018.
Course information is free to the public. Those wishing to obtain continuing education units must complete the test and course evaluation form. There is a $60.00 processing and certification fee.
1. The participant will be able to describe various types of traumatic brain injury and common physical, cognitive and behavior deficits.
2. The participant will review current epidemiological information and be able to outline the most common causes of traumatic brain injury.
3. The participant will have an understanding of the costs of traumatic brain injury and various funding sources.
4. The participant will be able to describe the patient's continuum of care after traumatic brain injury from emergency services to home re-entry.
5. The participant will understand what factors contribute to the rehabilitation and recovery of a person following traumatic brain injury.
6. The participant will be able to describe the responsibilities of the most common professional services associated with traumatic brain injury survival and rehabilitation.
Definition of Brain Injury
Characteristics of Brain Injury
Incidence of TBI
Causes of TBI
Costs and Funding
Levels of Care
Recovery and Rehabilitation Time
Course Evaluation Form