Press Release: Centre for Neuro Skills Texas Achieves Three-Year CARF International Accreditation
Bakersfield (Tuesday, November 11, 2019) – Centre for Neuro Skills (CNS) Texas clinical facilities, which includes Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston locations, were honored in August with a three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF International).
This was the first time that the Dallas and Fort Worth clinics applied for and obtained an accreditation in the Stroke Specialty Program. The program has been recognized for facilitating an integrated system of care that optimizes prevention, recovery, adaptation, and participation.
The following programs and services were awarded accreditation:
- Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs: Brain Injury SpecialtyProgram (Adults)
- Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs: Brain Injury Specialty Program(Children and Adolescents)
- Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs: Stroke Specialty Program (Adults)
- Residential Rehabilitation Programs: Brain Injury Specialty Program (Adults)
- Residential Rehabilitation Programs: Brain Injury Specialty Program (Children andAdolescents)
- Residential Rehabilitation Programs: Stroke Specialty Program (Adults)
CNS Texas was also recognized for minimizing impairments, maximizing the quality of life, decreasing environmental barriers and activity limitations, and preventing recurrent stroke through the application of evidence-based research to clinical practice.
According to the survey, CNS achieved “exemplary conformance” for our “extraordinary contributions to the brain injury rehabilitation field through innovative programming, advocacy efforts, self-funded clinical research, and education foundation.” Collaboration with and generous support of other research institutions were commended as well.
“We take pride in this achievement,” said Dr. Mark J. Ashley, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of CNS. “Meeting the high care standards set forth by CARF ensures we continuously improve the safety, quality, value and outcomes of services for the people we serve.”
CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services whose mission is to promote optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process that focuses on enhancing the lives of persons served. For more information, visit carf.org.