Centre for Neuro Skills Telehealth ProgramArticle originally published March 2020. For more up to date information please check our website or call 800.922.4994.
Our Commitment: “Be the Victor, not the Vector!”
In response to directives from the CDC and state officials during the COVID-19 pandemic, CNS has taken steps to maintain the continuity of care for our patients while maintaining a safe environment.
CNS has been providing telehealth services for several years. We have been rapidly expanding our capacity to provide rehabilitation services virtually, while maintaining clinical excellence. This provides the flexibility and safety of remote rehabilitation services for our patients and staff.
CNS’ telehealth program utilizes a secure Ring Central platform, powered by Zoom, which supports real-time interaction between staff and patients. This HIPAA and PIPEDA/PHIPA compliant platform has audio and visual functionality as well as interactive document sharing with complete end-to-end 256-bit AES encryption.
Effective Monday, March 30, 2020:
- All CNS patients - outpatient, day treatment and in-patient - will receive their therapeutic dosing through telehealth mediums.
- CNS customized therapeutic treatment plans include, but are not limited to: counseling, behavior, speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, educational therapy, case management and family communication, business partner communication, and physician or specialist consultation.
- Therapy will not be provided at the clinic and all clinical staff will provide telehealth services.
- Residential and clinical staff will work in one location, only when necessary and will not split their time between our residential sites and clinical facilities.
- All staff will undergo continued screening and monitoring for symptomatic indicators.
- All staff will maintain compliance with all CDC and CNS risk mitigation and sanitation protocols.
Revised Admissions Process
Please be advised, CNS is accepting new patients at all six facilities in California and Texas. In compliance with recommended safety precautions for patients and staff, new and existing patients are being screened for COVID-19 symptoms and whether they have been in contact with anyone who was symptomatic. CNS is also in full compliance with CDC guidelines regarding mitigation procedures.
Effective Monday, March 30, 2020
- New inpatients will receive an initial evaluation at a designated location within the clinic and will remain at the residential site and receive telehealth rehabilitation services.
- New day treatment patients and outpatients will remain at home and receive their evaluations and services through telehealth mediums.