Five Days of Wellness: Day Five
Meditation and Mindfulness
Anxiety is a reality, but there are methods that can calm your spirit. Now that many people are working from home, meditation is a few steps away in the quiet space you claim as your personal sanctuary. Meditation means “to ponder” and some say it’s not something you do, it’s something you allow to happen to you. Suggestions for starting your daily practice:
- Choose a dedicated place for daily meditation.
- Meditate for a set time daily; 30 minutes of focused quiet will become your treatment for anxiety.
- Start with a simple technique – watch a candle flame, focus on your breath, or be still in a quiet place.
- Sit in a comfortable posture with your spine erect on a sofa, chair, cushion or bed.
- Mantra meditation is an option that can counter negative, fear-based inner dialog. Consider these:
- “I am at peace”
- Or a specific spiritual word
As well, a host of meditation apps can guide your practice, with functions like music, a timer, and guidance for a peaceful, powerful experience. Namaste!
- Insight Timer