Five Days of Wellness: Day Three
Making Health and Nutrition a Priority
CNS Health Fitness Therapist Shannon Gray shares her expertise in nutrition with five tips for healthy living.
- Minimize trips to the supermarket during the pandemic and eat healthily.
- Before you shop, plan and visualize breakfast, lunch, and dinner for at least five days.
- Stock up on nutrition-packed foods that will stay fresh for a week or longer. Some healthy pantry staples include beans and lentils, oats, whole grain pasta, and canned tomatoes.
- Make eating together at home a positive experience! Whether it is homemade or takeout, dining at home is a new routine for many families.
- Try some new recipes! If you have never made homemade pizza, roasted a whole chicken, or cooked meatballs from scratch—now is an excellent time to try! There are lots of great recipes on the internet. Look for those that call for only a few ingredients and use standard kitchen tools.